[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] feature request
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:45:06 -0700
Holger Bauer wrote:

>Netgear Routers have a logout-function, but I don´t know if this "logout" is really secure. I only
know, that you can´t manage the Router from another Ip-adress if there is someone logged in already
from somewhere else. I haven´t checked out, what happens, if I try to reconnect from the same
browser and machine after logging out. I have m0n0walls now everywhere, so it´s hard for me to test
now, but next time I get my hands on a netgear I´ll do a test. Maybe someone else who reads this
could test it.
One of the beautiful things about m0n0wall is that it doesn't have any
idiotic "only one IP can admin at a time" restriction, doesn't rely on
cookies or anything else like that.

HTTP AUTH was invented for a reason and I'd like to thank whoever made
the decision (Manuel, I assume) for implementing it this way.

As far as logging out, close your browser window.  This is the only
reliable method that works for all sites (unless the site happens to use
non-transient cookies)

They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken