[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ty Alsup <tya145 at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Beta 1.2b3 Unable to access via webGUI
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:10:14 -0600
Hey Folks;

I have used m0n0wall 1.11 for awhile and am quite pleased. The first time I
installed m0n0wall, went very smooth. I am very familiar with
router-firewalls as I use smoothwall. I am also an experienced linux user.
The machine that I use for my router-firewall has two 3com 509 isa cards
installed. I have absolutely no problems running smoothwall or m0n0wall 1.11.

The problem that I am having is that after the console portion of the install,
I am unable to access the m0n0wall box via the webgui. At the console menu I
am able to ping 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 without any dropped packets. ( I
changed default 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1) When assigning card to the wan
and lan both mac addresses appear and I choose the correct lan and wan mac.
When I try to access m0n0wall via the webgui the page just times out. (Looks
almost like a DNS type error.

Any thoughts  or might this be one of those ole Beta type errors.

Thanks
Ty