[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jon Hartwell <jhartwell at tranefcu dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec VPN passthrough to concentrator
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:40:45 -0600
I am having a problem passing through multiple VPN tunnels to a
concentrator behind a m0n0wall gateway.  I am only able to establish a
single tunnel using this method.  I have forwarded protocol 50 (ESP) and
UDP ports 500 and 4500 (required by an end point at the remote site).

I am using 1:1 NAT to reach this server via a second public address and
have set up, what I think is; the appropriate mapping and proxy arp

It appears that the ESP packets are getting through, but UDP ports are
being blocked at the m0n0wall.  I am not receiving and logged events
about ESP being blocked.  I have been able to connect a single remote
m0n0wall vpn to the concentrator.  At this point, I don't know where to
turn.  If I remove the m0n0wall and have the concentrator on a public
address, the vpn will terminate and pass traffic perfectly.
Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer to this problem.

Jon Hartwell
Senior Network Systems Coordinator
Trane Federal Credit Union

jhartwell at tranefcu dot org