[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 Subject:  Bridging not working
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:43:43 -0700
I've got a weird situation, probably PEBKAC, but I thought I'd post just
in case.

I currently have three interfaces.

The WAN interface holds a DHCP assigned IP, plus two static IPs (Using
1:1 NAT at the moment).  The LAN IP has a DHCP server and a number of
clients.  OPT1 was previously used for testing the captive portal.  I
shut down the portal and haven't used it in many weeks, so I decided to
repurpose it as a bridged port.

I went to OPT1, enabled the interface and bridged it with WAN and hit
apply, and now no traffic is getting through from LAN to WAN.  I tried
rebooting and WAN wasn't even able to establish an IP (from the ISP DHCP
server)

I am still able to ping/communicate with m0n0wall from the LAN port, but
nothing beyond.

I verified my LAN --> ANY rules are still in place, I'm not really sure
what else I should check.  I haven't begun configuring OPT1 at all,
although my goal was to set up a filtered bridge and put some machines
on external IPs.

My next course of action, unless anybody points out a simple PEBKAC
error, will be to reset m0n0wall to factory defaults and try again in
case I've managed to muck up my config over the last few months and few
beta versions, but I'd like to avoid that as it will take quite a while
to rebuild all my firewall/NAT/etc rules.

--
I see dumb people, walking around like regular people.
They don't see each other. They only see what they