 To:  gianfranco dot risaliti at yogitech dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0METER
 Date:  Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:44:04 +0100
On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 10:26, Gianfranco Risaliti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I ve realized a serial bandwidth meter to connect to m0n0box,
> Just a pic-terminal (16f84 and lcd) and a little bit of software to run
> into m0n0 box, can show the bandwidth usage, and the ip of the machine.

Do you have docs of that on the net? I'd also be interested in such a
gadget.

> Now I'm thinking : I'm not so god with software (php) but I know some C,
> Would be interesting to implement a script to activate and deactivate the
> m0n0Meter. Also interesting could be develop a such of miniConf interface
> to do basic configuration from pic-terminal.

Haven't tried it, but I'm willing to give it a try ;-)

> What about to introduce this kind of feature into m0n0dist ?

I'm sure that it would not get into the official distro, but as there is
some possibilities to do add-ons that wiuld be the way to go.

I might also have use for such a thingy elsewhere ;-)
- even more if there was a LAN-coupled thing powered thru PoE, then it
would be VERY interesting!

--
Henning Wangerin <post plus 041008 at henning dot wangerin dot dk>