[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Migrate from SonicWALL to m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:45:36 -0500
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:16:32 +0800, Simon SZE-To <simonchs at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using SonicWALL PRO 100 and thinking about migrate to m0n0wall.
> My situation is, data center assigned 32IPs to me (30IPs usable), which is:
> IP: xxx.yyy.198.32/27
> ISP gateway: xxx.yyy.198.33
>
> Currently my SonicWALL having these settings:
> WAN: xxx.yyy.198.62
> Gateway: xxx.yyy.198.33
>
> And all servers are under DMZ port, configured with the public IPs
> within my class and use ISP gateway's directly.
>
> The LAN port is empty. I only need the firewall rules to protect my servers.
>
> Can m0n0wall do it? If possible, would anyone give me some guide?

Bridge WAN to your OPT interface, keeping the configuration on your
servers the same.  Enabled filtered bridge.

Due to ARP caching on your ISP's router, you may have to wait several
hours before the WAN interface will respond since the MAC address will
change.  The ideal solution would be getting the ISP to clear the ARP
table on the router, but depending on the situation and ISP, that
might be difficult to get done.

-Chris