[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Simon SZE-To <simonchs at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Migrate from SonicWALL to m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 12 Dec 2004 03:52:50 -0500
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:10:06 +0800, Simon SZE-To <simonchs at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> So, I should:
> (1) System -> Advanced -> Enable filtering bridge
> (2) Interfaces -> OPT1 -> Enable Optional 1 interface, Bridge with WAN
> right?

Correct.

> And, what IP address and netmask I should be used? (I need to spend
> one more IP for my DMZ interface?)

No, the DMZ interface does not get an IP.  That box will be grayed out
when you select bridge.

Since you don't have a LAN interface set up, you'll have to open the
webGUI on the WAN after initial configuration (see FAQ), and you will
need to use the LAN interface to do the initial setup.  After that you
can unplug it.

-Chris