[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Parnican" <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  shaping bug?
 Date:  Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:24:22 +0100
Hi guys,

this is written at the bottom of  Firewall: Traffic shaper page:
(Note: the first rule that matches a packet will be executed.)

Where is the problem?
I want set speed to all (undefined) IP address to 6kbit/s but there are some
IP address which should have better speed...256kbit/s etc.
So I assume if NOTE is true I can set all IP addresses which should have
higher speed than 6kbit on the top places of rules but its not working in
this case.

Example:
Source / Destination         / target
*         /  192.168.100.1   / 256kbit
*        / 192.168.100.2    /512 kbit
*        /   *                       /6kbit

 Or someone have better sugestion how to set speed (6kbit) for not definite
IP address (users) ?

thx. peter