[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Taylor" <david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Is Compaq WL200 supported?
 Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:39:40 +1000
Is the FreeBSD 4.10 kernel used in m0n0wall "patched" that it accepts
PCI interrupts for the pd6729? How to enable/use that card in m0n0wall?

Hi Jar

I tried hard to get a WL200 working under m0n0wall, without success. I had no problems with a
Linksys card.

Overall, I found the hostap support flakey with WEP etc. Even with a working card, it tended to be
very slow at times - would drop packets.  I ended up putting an access point back in off a m0n0wall
ethernet interface - not as elegant but for me, much more reliable.

Cheers

David