[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jar <jar at pcuf dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is Compaq WL200 supported?
 Date:  Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:55:48 +0000
David Taylor wrote:
> I tried hard to get a WL200 working under m0n0wall, without success.
> I had no problems with a Linksys card. Overall, I found the hostap
 > upport flakey with WEP etc. Even with a working card, it tended to be
 > very slow at times - would drop packets.  I ended up putting an access
 > point back in off a m0n0wall ethernet interface - not as elegant but
 > for me, much more reliable.

Yes, I have been using hostap in Linux with this hardware about two
years now with great success (no complains about hostap, but I have no
experiences with its FreeBDS port). What I want to know is, does this
hardware (pd6729 pcmcia-to-pci bridge) working correcly or not.

I would be appreciate if somebody could confimr that the m0n0wall
FreeBSD 4.10 will recognize that hardware correctly and handle its PCI
interrupts.

The second thing is, how to use big MTU values in wlan side, so that the
OpenVPN interface would be MTU=1500?

---
Best Regards, Jar