[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: captive portal: possible MAC pass-through bug
 Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:21:08 -0500
Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 13/12/2004 11:11 Jesse Guardiani said the following:
>> WLAN) interface. If I enable Captive Portal and
>> add the access point's MAC address then I cannot
>> ping the access point's IP. However, if I add the
>> access point's IP then I *can* ping it. Similarly,
>> if I disable Captive Portal then I can ping it.
>
> where're you pinging it from ?

LAN. And I have these two rules in my config:

<rule>
                        <type>pass</type>
                        <interface>opt1</interface>
                        <source>
                                <network>opt1</network>
                        </source>
                        <destination>
                                <any/>
                        </destination>
                        <descr>WLAN -&gt; any</descr>
                </rule>
                <rule>
                        <type>pass</type>
                        <descr>Default LAN -&gt; any</descr>
                        <interface>lan</interface>
                        <source>
                                <network>lan</network>
                        </source>
                        <destination>
                                <any/>
                        </destination>
                </rule>

Along with Advanced Outbound NAT and these NAT rules:

<advancedoutbound>
                        <enable/>
                        <rule>
                                <source>
                                        <network>192.168.88.0/24</network>
                                </source>
                                <descr>Oubound NAT: LAN -&gt; WAN</descr>
                                <target/>
                                <interface>wan</interface>
                                <destination>
                                        <any/>
                                </destination>
                        </rule>
                        <rule>
                                <source>
                                        <network>192.168.89.0/24</network>
                                </source>
                                <descr>Outbound NAT: WLAN -&gt; WAN</descr>
                                <target/>
                                <interface>wan</interface>
                                <destination>
                                        <any/>