[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Levi <lgmasterson at gmail dot com>
 To:  M0N0WALL <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problems with 1:1 NAT
 Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:30:51 -0600

I'm attempting to set up 1:1 NAT for one host inside my network.  I
have a block of 12 static IP's alloctated to me by my ISP, and the
goal is to have outbound traffic from this host appear to come from
one of the static IP's.

The problem is this: when I configure ProxyARP and 1:1 NAT as I think
it should work, the host no longer has any access to the internet.

This is what I have going right now (simplified):

[m0n0 lan]

And I'm shooting for inbound traffic to to go to and outbound traffic from to appear to come

I know the documentation says that by default no inbound traffic is
allowed over the 1:1 NAT mapping, but does that apply for outbound
traffic as well?