[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 To:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive portal Allow IP range - Feature Request?
 Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:34:19 -0800
Hello,

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but is it possible to specify a
network of IP's to allow through the captive portal?

The reason is this: On the LAN interface, I have specified all
non-registered DHCP requests to be assigned to 192.168.1.192 to
192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.192/26). This is my range for "unregistered"
people and I restrict speeds and only allow traffic over port 80. It
also forces them through the captive portal to a page about my network
and makes them agree to terms of use.

For people that register, I give them a static DHCP assignment in
192.168.1.128/26. I then want to allow all of these IP's through
without hitting the captive portal. So In captive portal: Allowed IP
addresses, I can put in an IP for each of these. The problem is that I
cannot put in a network or range it seems. So far, I have put them all
in by hand, but it's a bit of a pain...especially if I want to allow
all of the IP's except the ones in the captive portal range.

Am I missing an easier way to do this? I don't want to use Pass though
Mac's as sorting people using IP's allows me to do more things to limit
certain ranges.

Any suggestions are appreciated.