[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Patrik Jansson <paake at telia dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems accessing my own domain within LAN
 Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:29:34 -0500
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:13:40 +0100, Patrik Jansson <paake at telia dot com> wrote:
> Thanks! We are appearantly getting somewhere.
> xyz.com doesnt work
> mail.xyz.com doesnt work
> but www.xyz.com now works.
>
> (of course the domain is not really xyz.com)
>
> How come www works but not mail? I have done the exact same procedure.
> Well, I still can get this to work with just www but its more nice if I
> could have different sub domains for different services as they might
> change in the future.

Delete the entries for xyz.com and mail.xyz.com.  Add an entry with
mail in the top box, xyz.com in the next box, and 192.168.0.101 in the
third box.

If that doesn't work, go to the hidden page /status.php on your
m0n0wall, go down to config.xml, and paste everything from <dnsmasq>
to </dnsmasq> in an email to me or the list.

-Chris