[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Active ftp?
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:52:16 -0000
> Does m0n0wall support active ftp from LAN->WAN without any
> changes to the default configuration? I'm a bit puzzled here
> because iptables just blocked an incoming ftp-data connection
> on my gentoo box.

I don't think so by default, no. Under linux it'd normally be done with the
ftp_masq module, but I don't know if an equivalent is included with *BSD.
Pretty much everything I've ever read/been taught is that passive is better
anyway, so unless you absolutely *can't* use passive mode, I don't think
it's a particularly serious issue.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579