[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Noel V. Mesina" <noel at itstationcorp dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CD-ROM installation problem
 Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:49:42 +0800
Hi all!

This might help some newbies like me. I tried installing M0n0wall for 5
days and lost lots of sleep thinking about the problem. I've got a
pentium III 733 machine  (quite old), cdrom drive, with a realtek8139
and 3com509 nics. At first I blamed the card for not getting any network
response from both cards, then the cable, then the ISO version ( sorry
for that bro). In the end, I got the thing working. My problem was I
burned the ISO version in a mini CDR (2.5"). When I burned it using a
regular CDR (5.25"), everything worked beautifully.  Must have been the
volume allocation description of FreeBSD. (maybe ????).

Right now, I'm controlling an old Apple Airport Graphite on my LAN and
happily connected through ppoe on my WAN.

noel mesina
CTM - chief technical messup
homesweethome network