[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?
 Date:  Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:02:10 -0500
Well something else I see is there are no good and easy places to get the
Soekris boards in the USA, that I have come across.  I did find a company on
the west coast Ituner http://www.mini-box.com/site/index.html that caries
the Wrap board and looks like they make a nice outdoor box for it.  They do
not have any Wrap.1c (1/3) boards at this time (4 week back log) but do have
the (2/2) types in stock.

I have not made my mind up yet but just got word from VIA about their dual
nic embedded board.  Any one ever try this
www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_PD_spec.jsp?motherboardId=241  could
M0n0wall run on it?  I'll bee willing to try and test if someone can help me
get it running.  It has alot more I/O than I need and alot more peripherals
but also can handle alot more memory and cpu speed :)  They say they have
the drivers at http://www.viaarena.com/  On that site they also say they are
working with Broadcom to standardize a gigabit Ethernet through PCI Express
x1 connections with the VIA K8T890 chipset.

Any way I have a few extra days to get something going so if anyone can help
on this let me know I might get one just to play with.

Bryan