[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  unable to block LAN from OPT1
 Date:  Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:41:04 +0100
Hi everybody,

I have a WLAN Accesspoint on OPT1 and do not want any communication
between OPT1 and LAN. I am absolutely unable to achieve this goal, no
matter what I try, I can still "net view wintendo" or "ping wintendo"
from the WLAN client (on OPT1).

LAN  is 192.168.100.100/24 (sis0)
WAN  is static IP          (sis1)
OPT1 is 192.168.101.100/24 (sis2)

The hardware is a Soekris 4801, Firmware is m0n0wall 1.2b3, what I
tried:

LAN: block any protocol, source OPT1, destination any
 "           "         , source network 192.168.101.0/24, to any

I also tried on OPT1 a "block any protocol, destination LAN" or
"destination network 192.168.100.0/24", nothing works. LAN is still
accessible from OPT1 (and vice versa).

What am I doing wrong?

TIA and kind regards

Frederick