[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <noel at itstationcorp dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] CD-ROM installation problem
 Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:48:38 -0500
Noel V. Mesina wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> This might help some newbies like me. I tried installing M0n0wall
for
> 5 days and lost lots of sleep thinking about the problem. I've got a
> pentium III 733 machine  (quite old), cdrom drive, with a
realtek8139
> and 3com509 nics. At first I blamed the card for not getting any
> network response from both cards, then the cable, then the ISO
> version ( sorry for that bro). In the end, I got the thing working.
> My problem was I burned the ISO version in a mini CDR (2.5"). When I
> burned it using a regular CDR (5.25"), everything worked
beautifully.
> Must have been the volume allocation description of FreeBSD. (maybe
> ????).
>
> Right now, I'm controlling an old Apple Airport Graphite on my LAN
and
> happily connected through ppoe on my WAN.
>
> noel mesina
> CTM - chief technical messup
> homesweethome network

I just burned the 1.2b3 ISO to a 3.5" mini-CDRW. I did not do anything
different from what I normally do with Nero to burn an ISO. The system
booted fine.

What platform are you using to burn the ISO (Windows, *nix, *BSD,
MAC...)? What software are you using to burn the ISO? Do you have to
do anything "different" to burn 3.5" media on your platform/software?
I have never had a problem with mini-media on Windows.

James W. McKeand