[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Transparent proxi and NAT server IP addresses
 Date:  Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:05:35 -0500
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:26:53 +0200, Marian Adelin STOICESCU
<marian at wsc dot ro> wrote:

> 1.      Please help me with some explanation abou the case when  we have more
> than one IP maped from ISP to our server. I add all IP addresses ti NAT
> server and i want NAT to chose randomly one IP as to not all user from the
> lan to go out in WAN on the same routed IP.

Not possible to randomly choose an outbound IP to use for NAT, and
this isn't necessary anyway.  I would 1:1 NAT some specific things and
let everybody else be NAT'ed out the WAN's IP.

> 2. It's posibile to use ipfw fwd.. on exec.php to put a proxy server pc to
> work transparently.. or the problem of transparent proxy it's on work and i
> must wait for a m0n0wall betas

I know that'll work with ipfw, not sure if it will in m0n0wall's
specific setup.  It's worth a shot, I'd be interested in knowing if it
works or not.  Worst that could happen is what you put in exec.php
could take down the firewall, but then a reboot will remove all that
stuff.  If you get it working, see the FAQ on hidden config.xml
options on how to put them in <shellcmd> to get them to load at every
boot.

-Chris