[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wade Carpenter <wade at webfootcustomcalls dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall - static IP over PPPoE and unreliable ISP connection
 Date:  Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:38:08 -0700
I have m0n0 1.2b3 and am running VPN IPsec on three machines over two
different ISPs.
Two are a truely Static IP based connection and I have yet to have one
single problem with them, one is PPPoE and seems to have a very
unreliable line.  (Century Tel  in CO) and is the cause of my frustration.

What I am getting from my ISP is a thing called "Razz" (sp) holds the
IPs and refreshes every 5 minutes.  So when I get disconnected  (somehow
- they cant seem to figure that out yet) the m0n0 automatically
reconnects... but since the "razz" hasnt refreshed... it thinks the
static IP I should have is taken and assigns me a new IP (which plays
heck with my VPN)

Is there any way to get m0n0 to wait for so long before it will
automatically log back on?  That way I know every time they disconnect
me, the m0n0 will wait 6 minutes and then attempt to reconnect the PPPoE
session and I will have my static IP back.

I dont know of the lag created by a "log on on demand" would be a good
thing since the demand could come from outside the LAN of that machine

Can anyone point me in a direction?  or at least add this to the list of
"things that might be nice for future releases"
Thanks
Wade