[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 Subject:  Lockups since upgrade to 1.2b3
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 02:17:15 -0700
I recently upgraded to 1.2b3 and switched from CDROM+Floppy to an IDE
hard drive.  Since then between 1-2 times a day the m0n0wall firewall
locks solid.

Anybody else seeing similar problems?

To attempt to troubleshoot whether it was the upgrade to the switch to a
hard drive I have switched back to running from CD, still running on
1.2b3.  If I continue to experience lockups I'll go back to 1.2b2 on CD,
just in case it's hardware.

Are there any other troubleshooting or diagnostic steps I should perform?

--
Q. How many Microsoft technicians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. Three. Two to hold the ladder and one to hammer the bulb into a faucet.