[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  eric at ericmagny dot com
 To:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Detailed accounting options?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:58:32 -0500
Hi again!!

Ya..  I'm using freeRadius.  I configure freeRadius with mySql database.  So
really easy to get all stats we need by sql query.  for now I'm using ASP (I'm
not (yet!) a real 'guru' in php..) to generate real time report. for specific
user, requesting only data for that user, or overall data and usage of the
network for internal ise.

So the computer generating those webpages is another server (win).  But you
can probably use an Apache server, installed on the same server as
freeradius..  I'm just using that way because it's more easier for me to
program database query for our dynamic web page in ASP.

You're right, accouting packets are nothing..  few bytes at login and few
bytes at logout (or timout) of the user.

Best Regards,

eric.
eric at ericmagny dot com