[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Shoval Tomer" <shoval at softov dot co dot il>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  bridging with m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:46:03 +0200
Hi.

I'm looking for a way to add traffic shaping to my setup without making
changes to network infrastructure.

I already have firewalls that don't support traffic shaping in place.

Can I use m0n0wall as a transparent bridge that shapes traffic?

If the setup today is:

Internet <--> router <--> FW <--> LAN

And I want to be able to add a transparent device like so:

Internet <--> router <--> m0n0 <--> FW <--> LAN

Or like so:

Internet <--> router <--> FW <--> m0n0 <--> LAN

Without making any changes to the configuration on the FW, the Router
and the machines in my LAN.

Is it doable with m0n0wall?

thanks

Shoval