[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean-Francois Theroux <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Maximum IPsec tunnels?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:08:41 -0500
Hello,

	We have to deploy for a client a VPN solution for all their sites.
After demonstrating m0n0wall to them, they fell in love and want to use it.

	So my questions are as follow:

	1. How many tunnels is it possible to have? Their setup is this,
they have a central office, which would have a main VPN 			   'hub', and
around 50 tunnels to 50 differents other offices.
	   Would m0n0wall be able to handle that kind of traffic?

	2. If answer is yes to question 1, what kind of hardware would
you guys suggest? I was thinking something like a pentium 4 			   with 2
gigs of RAM. Maybe with a hardware crypto card also.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jean-Francois Theroux
Systems administrator