[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco Leap
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:34:08 -0500
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:07:16 -0500, Jared Frank <jdf16 at uakron dot edu> wrote:
> Hi, I was wanting to use monowall to act like a wireless router and I was
> wondering if you can set the leap attributes for the an driver in the xml
> file.  Also, as another option, is it possible to have it establish a
> wireless link. clear, with no leap or wep, and then connect a vpn over the
> interface, and route all traffic over that?  Thanks!

LEAP is Cisco proprietary, and hence not supported by any software
other than Cisco (at least as an access point).  The Aironet cards are
also not capable of hostap mode, which is required for using m0n0wall
as an access point.  This is a hardware restriction of the cards, not
a m0n0wall limitation.

With a properly configured hostap setup, you could run no WEP on the
wireless and run VPN over it to secure the wireless traffic.

-Chris