[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael & Beth Pope <spotnruby at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems Routing Redirected PPTP Traffic Out To the WAN
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:35:30 -0500
I have recently installed a generic PC m0n0wall v.1.11 in front of a
small business network. The firewall has a single LAN interface and a
single WAN interface. The firewall is set to forward PPTP VPN traffic
to the IP address of a PPTP server. Client VPN connections are set to
use the default gateway on remote network. Everything is working great
except for one thing: PPTP clients cannot access the Internet while
connected via VPN. I have the "Log packets blocked by the default
rule" setting enabled and I see in the Firewall log that port 80
traffic is being blocked on the LAN If from the PPTP client's internal
IP to the external Web IP.

My question is how can I open this up? I understand that firewall
rules on the PPTP If are only good if the m0n0wall is the PPTP server.
They are inapplicable when the m0n0wall is redirecting the PPTP
traffic. On the LAN interface, I have the following rules:

Any Proto> LAN net, any port>any destination, any port>Pass
Any Proto> any source, any port>any destination, any port>Pass

I know the second is kinda redundant but I was seeing if that would
work, which it doesn't.

Is there any additional information I can provide to make this clearer?

Thanks,

Michael