[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Confirmed: bug in firewall on OPT1
 Date:  Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:12:16 +0100
Hallo Manuel,

Manuel Kasper schrieb am 17. December 2004:

>Sorry, can't reproduce here.

I found out more: with no rules on OPT1, no traffic is possible from
OPT1 to anywhere (that's expected).

However, if I throw in one rule "Action: Block, Interface: OPT1,
Protocol: any, Source: OPT1, Destination: any, Log Actions" I can
access my LAN again, only have to use IP-addresses, DNS-resolution
doesn't work.  And nothing is logged, so the rule obviously is not
processed at all. Still the mere existance of ANY rule on OPT1 seems
to open the gates to almost everything :-(

I know this all sounds ludicrous and hard to believe. But those are
the facts I'm facing and I just don't know what to do (except having
the WLAN AP switched off).

Kind regards  Frederick