[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Michael D. Joy" <mdjoy at phy dot olemiss dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups since upgrade to 1.2b3
 Date:  Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:28:11 -0700
Michael D. Joy wrote:

> There's no science behind this analysis of the lockups, just
> observations. I reverted to 1.2b2 and the lockups went away. Been
> running rock solid for 2 days now. Previously, I had a 22 day uptime
> between power outages on the router.

Confirmed that it is not hard drive vs CDROM related, 1.2b3 just locked
when booting from a CDROM.

I'm also seeing some possibly unrelated problems, a number of TCP
connections where the server sent data, but the client (behind m0n0wall)
never received it.  Unfortunately the client is dumb about timing out
(it doesn't ever timeout, I have to kick it), so this has been rather
annoying -- I can't prove it's m0n0wall related, but if the problem goes
away when I go back to 1.2b2 (in about 5 minutes) then I'll officially
blame m0n0wall too.

All that being said, yes I am running a beta in a production
environment.  Yes I know the risks, yes I know that's a bad idea, no I'm
not angry/annoyed/whatever, and I'd once again like to thank Manuel (And
everybody else) for such an awesome product.

--
They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken