[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Michael D. Joy" <mdjoy at phy dot olemiss dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups since upgrade to 1.2b3
 Date:  Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:29:33 +0100
On 17.12.2004 22:18 -0600, Michael D. Joy wrote:

> I'm running a Wrap 1C-3 and am also experiencing hard locks after
> 1.2b3 upgrade. I have since reverted to 1.2b2. Oddly enough, the

Hmm, the only change from 1.2b2 to 1.2b3 that could possibly cause
this (even though that would imply big problems with ipfilter), as
far as I can imagine, is the UDP ack timeout (24 -> 240 seconds). You
can try the following command on exec.php to set it back to 24 (until
the next reboot):

/sbin/sysctl net.inet.ipf.fr_udpacktimeout=24

I can't see why 1.2b2 should work when 1.2b3 doesn't - both versions
even use the exact same kernel image. As long as I can't reproduce it
here (been running it on a net4501 ever since it was released) and
there are no other indicators as to what's going wrong (console
messages before it dies etc.), it'll be pretty hard to fix. However,
two out of three people who reported this bug are running WRAPs - see
<http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=109&actionargs[]=84>.

- Manuel