[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  alex wetmore <alex at phred dot org>
 To:  Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Cc:  'Chris Buechler' <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing -- requesting input (was: Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?)
 Date:  Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:15:52 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Last time I had a decent meter, I did actually test the power consumption of
> the celeron box I use for m0n0 here at home. Turns out it was drawing about
> the same as the gigabit switch sitting next to it - around 54W. Don't know
> how that compares to the WRAP/Soekris offerings, but I wouldn't have thought

I did measure my WRAP at 5w at one point while using a switching power
supply.  This is 10% of the draw of your celeron box.

The two WRAP failures that have been reported on this list were both the
same failure type and that was fixed in the 1D revision of the board.  I
don't think that the WRAP is necessarily less stable than Soekris as a
platform.  There are UK based retailers.

alex