[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  alex wetmore <alex at phred dot org>
 To:  Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing -- requesting input (was: Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?)
 Date:  Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:07:25 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Chris Bagnall wrote:
>> I did measure my WRAP at 5w at one point while using a
>> switching power supply.  This is 10% of the draw of your celeron box.
>
> I stand corrected :-)
>
> Seriously, that's quite an incredible power draw. Substantially less than
> any ethernet switch I have here, even 5-port 10/100 units. I'm impressed.
>
> How did you measure it, out of interest?

By plugging the power supply into a Kill-a-watt meter.

http://www.p3international.com/products/special/P4400/P4400-CE.html

I'd like to repro it with a photo for you, but I can't find the
kill-a-watt anywhere right now.  It might be in my office at work.  I'm
also curious to look at the draw of a 5-port switch now.

alex