[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 Subject:  Fresh install of 1.2b3
 Date:  Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:22:18 -0700
Since there only seems to be a small number of us having problems with
1.2b3, I decided to try a fresh install.

I reset my configuration from the console, redefined my interfaces, LAN
IP, DHCP settings, DHCP on the WAN side, ensured I can access the 'net
from a client PC.

Next, I created some NAT rules and used the automatic rule feature to
create the firewall rules.  I hit apply.  Unfortunately, I can't even
get these simple rules to work.

I tried rebooting the router, recreating the firewall rules manually,
even created a allow from*:* to *:* type rule with my proxy ARP and 1:1
NAT with a couple static IPs, opened some ports in the firewall, no-go
there as well.

All my rules had the "log" option enabled, nothing showed up in the
firewall log though.  I enabled the option to log packets dropped by the
default rule, it logs the connection attempts as being blocked.

This has me scratching my head, this is such a simple configuration, it
should be working.

I restored my old XML, now everything works again.

Has anybody else tried a fresh configuration of 1.2b3 and if so, did
firewall rules work properly or could it be the interface (which was
changed in 1.2b3) isn't doing something critical?

Either way I'm loading up my old XML and going to bed, I'll monkey
around again in the morning once I've had some sleep.

--
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol'
Internet, man. You just go on there and point