[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Goetz Goerisch <ggoerisch at gmx dot net>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, "Michael D. Joy" <mdjoy at phy dot olemiss dot edu>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups since upgrade to 1.2b3
 Date:  Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:53:07 +0100
Hi Manuel,

I'm running WRAP 1D-3, so I think this is not the case.
It's is incorrect that I reported the m0n0wall locks up.

What I have found out is the following:

If  a node inside the LAN connectes via an IPSec tunnel to m0n0wall's
LAN interface
and the tunnel is terminated, m0n0wall doesn't cleans out all SAD/SPD's.
Therefore the node could not reach (ping) the m0n0wall and it seams as
it is locked.
Because if another node connects to the m0n0wall and cleans out the
left SAD/SPD entries
the node which connected via an IPSec tunnel could then again reach the
m0n0wall.

I hope this is understandable?

Cheers,
Goetz