[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Collisions on WAN Interface
 Date:  Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:26:49 +0100
Hallo Michael,

Michael Schwartz schrieb am 19. December 2004:

>i use 1.2b3 on WRAP and see a lot of collisions (on numbers) on the
>WAN-Interface.

Same here: 1.2b3 on a Soekris 4801. The WAN interface is connected to
a "Speedstream" router, model 5851 by "Efficient Networks" provided
and required by my ISP. This router obviously negotiates "10baseT/UTP"
with m0n0wall, whereas the other interfaces negotiate "100baseTX
<full duplex>".

I have currently about 13 million packets on the WAN (in/outgoing
combined) and about 700,000 collisions.

>There aren?t any collisions on the LAN-Interface.

Same here, all other interfaces are with zero collisions.

>Is this behavior normal or do i have a problem, since everything is
>working fine?

I'd also like to know the answer to this.

Kind regards   Frederick