[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re:Re: [m0n0wall] Collisions on WAN Interface
 Date:  Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:32:06 +0100
Hallo Michael,

Michael Schwartz schrieb am 19. December 2004:

[Top-Posting stinks]

>There is a sdsl-Modem which shows up at 10baseT/UTP in the Status.

I have QSC as my ISP, maybe you too? I previously had the ordered the
"home" rates: 1000/512 with a modem speedstream 5251 by Efficient
Networks, Inc. now have a router (same manufacturer, see previous
mail), with QDSL-max 2mBit in each direction. Same status though with
both hardwares.

>I?m very new to the WRAP and M0n0wall, so i will see if i can change
>negotiating at the WRAP.  (must be in the bios)

No, it's not in the BIOS. You can modify the XML config file of
m0n0wall, see the Documentation for the "hidden" options.

>Overall it is working like a charm, fast, no problems.

Same here, I cannot really complain. Yet the collisions worry me,
that's needless (IMHO).

>I was only wondering if that "much" collisions are normal or if this
>is problem.

From my point of view: it seems to be "normal", although I do not like
this.

Regards Frederick