[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Confirmed: bug in firewall on OPT1
 Date:  Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:06:34 -0000
> Yes, but AFAIK m0n0wall does not block this automagically,
> when you check the "block private networks" checkbox, does
> it? In addition I also block these...
[snip]

Quick suggestion for future version of m0n0wall:
How about the ability to define exceptions to the "block private networks"
rule? Certainly many people in the UK (and I assume other countries) with
ADSL over PPPoA need to allow traffic to/from their ADSL modem's IP (which
is usually in a private network address space), but might still want to deny
all other private network traffic.

i.e. my ADSL modem is on 10.10.4.253. I'd like to be able to enable "block
private networks" but define that IP as an exception to the rule.

Does that sound sensible? Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579