[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kevin Roosdahl" <kevin at prestigecomputers dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  System Status - custom message?
 Date:  Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:55:53 -0800
I would like to thank Manuel Kasper for the super job he has done on the
m0n0wall firewall.  I have been using OpenBSD on Soekris boxes for a while
now but I was hesitant to try the m0n0wall image because it was using
FreeBSD.    I would have preferred that it be written using OpenBSD because
they are very proactive about security.  I am curious as to why FreeBSD was
chosen over OpenBSD?

Anyway, I installed the image onto my Soekris flash and had a working
firewall within minutes - no bugs, no hassles.  Very impressive!   Next, I
configured IPSec into my client's OpenBSD firewall and again... it was
working within minutes - very impressive!

One thought I had was that it would be nice if you could add a custom text
message which would be displayed in the big white space on the Status ->
System page.   This could be used for anything ranging from a descriptive
message about the router, or a security message alerting users that the
router is for authorized use only and contains private confidential
information, blah blah blah...   Maybe this would be setup on the System ->
General Setup page.

Regards,

Kevin R