[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Greenway <m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple IP's on external interface
 Date:  Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:04:36 +1000
 >No.  You've missed a fundamental.  All configuration of the m0n0wall
is done via PHP.  There is no shell, and there >are no rc files.

ah ... ok, well I know PHP :)

 >I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  Why do you need
multiple addresses?  Are you putting the m0n0wall in front of or behind
the PIX?

yeh they've asked that I do the following:-

+ Assign a new external (WAN) IP address on our firewall  (thats why I
wanted IP Alias)

+ Then they want me to setup static routes on m0n0wall from the PIX IP
to their external IPs.

+ Then open ports 500 and 4500 on UDP

They've also mentioned that the users on the LAN would still use the
same gateway (m0n0wall internal IP)