[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Michael C. Ibarra" <ibarra at hawk dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco VPN Client behind m0n0wall or on it
 Date:  Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:18:01 +0100
On 05.11.2003, at 14:48, Michael C. Ibarra wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has been able to sucessfully connect to a
> Cisco VPN
> concentrator from inside of a m0n0wall firewall, using the Cisco VPN
> client
> software (windows based)

Yep, I can definitely confirm that the Cisco VPN client works behind
m0n0wall. I have to use it to get into the network of the university
I'm currently studying at from home, and it works like a charm both
under Windows and Mac OS X (it's got a UDP tunneling mode, though, so
it should even work with the most braindamaged firewalls ;).

> Also, has anyone started to look into deploying and/or
> adding vpnc to m0n0? (see below)
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

Not sure if I would want a client for a commercial/proprietary VPN
product in m0n0wall...

- Manuel