[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  UI suggestions: rules page
 Date:  Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:38:16 +0100 (CET)
Hi all, Manuel,

I find myself adding an explicit rule to block everything at the bottom of
each ruleset for each interface, just to have a better visual
representation of what is in effect.

Wouln't it be nice to include the default "deny everything" rule in the
fixed layout (as the last line; no buttons next to it) so you actually SEE
the default in the right place? It could replace the explanatory text that
says: "Everything that isn't explicitly passed is blocked by default."

Of course if there are other, implicit, rules in effect (are there?!),
they could be 'listed' in a similar fashion (i.e. as a fixed part of the
layout).

I also find myself sometimes wishing for a C (copy) button, perhaps in the
space above the + (add) button, to duplicate rules. Handy if you need to
create a series of similar rules (as I often seem to need).

regards,

--Bart