[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bostjan Hojkar <bostjan dot hojkar at fov dot uni dash mb dot si>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridge-ing code (was Little setup help. )
 Date:  Thu, 06 Nov 2003 08:04:02 +0100
The problem i encountered with bridge code right now was this:

When using DHCP & bridge, the router option in DHCP gets set to IP of
m0n0wall box, which is wrong. We need a router option via WebGUI for DHCP.

And while at it, a line with "add this into dhcpd.conf (use at own risk
:))". That would solve 2 subnets for DHCP request and probably any more
future requests on that part.

BTW1: WAN interface don't need IP since it's bridged.. But u could use it to
specify WAN subnet (i.e. IPs that u expect to come in via WAN interface) -
for filtering rules for example.

BTW2: How can i enable shell access on console? :) I Unpacked m0n0wall on
disk manualy to have full filesystem on /dev/ad2s1(c), and i want a shell to
be able to modify everything on-the-fly without reconstructing mfsroot over
and over...

BTW3: With filtering bridge and using trafic shapper, shoudn't there be
net.link.ether.bridge_ipfw=1 set? I did a quick grep on /etc and /etc/inc
files and i didn't notice it.

Regards, Bostjan