[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim McBeath <jimmc at macrovision dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Anyone used Netgate a/b/g card in Soekris?
 Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:36:04 -0800
Netgate offers some "Soekris kits" that include a mini-PCI board, pigtails,
and antennas for their wireless boards for use in a Soekris box.  I've got
a net4501, so those kits look pretty convenient.  I think I will have
to drill some holes in my case, though, since there don't seem to be any
cut-outs for antennas.  My questions:

1. Has anyone else here put a wireless card into a net4501 box?
   Any hints or tips on how to handle the antennas?

2. Has anyone used the Netgate EL-5354MP Aries card with m0n0wall?
	   http://www.netgate.com/5354AriesMP.html
   It's an "Atheros 802.11a/g 5354 ARIES Type IIIa mini PCI card".
   Does the m0n0wall kernel have drivers for that in it, or will I have
   to do some hacking?  The Netgate web page for this card says "BSD
   drivers are in the kernel tree", but I don't know if that means they
   are in m0n0.  Will it work in all the a/b/g modes, or is it a waste
   of money to buy this card in this situation?

--
Jim McBeath