[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Hall <mhall at riverside dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anyone used Netgate a/b/g card in Soekris?
 Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:08:46 -0800
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 05:36:04PM -0800, Jim McBeath wrote:

> Netgate offers some "Soekris kits" that include a mini-PCI board, pigtails,
> and antennas for their wireless boards for use in a Soekris box.  I've got
> a net4501, so those kits look pretty convenient.  I think I will have
> to drill some holes in my case, though, since there don't seem to be any
> cut-outs for antennas.  My questions:
>
> 1. Has anyone else here put a wireless card into a net4501 box?
>    Any hints or tips on how to handle the antennas?

I used the EL-2511MP PLUS kit (KIT-MP1-5). I just drilled holes on the
back panel in the open corner (opposite from power connector), mounted
it, hooked up the antenna and that was it. Configured, rebooted and
it just worked using the standard 'wi' driver. I have it bridged to the
LAN interface.

> 2. Has anyone used the Netgate EL-5354MP Aries card with m0n0wall?
> 	   http://www.netgate.com/5354AriesMP.html
>    It's an "Atheros 802.11a/g 5354 ARIES Type IIIa mini PCI card".
>    Does the m0n0wall kernel have drivers for that in it, or will I have
>    to do some hacking?  The Netgate web page for this card says "BSD
>    drivers are in the kernel tree", but I don't know if that means they
>    are in m0n0.  Will it work in all the a/b/g modes, or is it a waste
>    of money to buy this card in this situation?

I know nothing about this one.

--

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <mikeh at rockisland dot com>