[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  yhene at rep dot naba dot ee
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall on USB flash
 Date:  Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:40:21 +0200
Hi,

Being a *BSD illiterate I am hoping someone will tell me if this can be
done.

I would like to boot m0n0wall from a USB flash memory (aka pendrive or
something or other). I wrote the generic-pc-pb19r536.img to USB-flash
with physdiskwrite and i can boot successfully from it. However the
system hangs after these messages:

IP Filter v 3.4.31 initialized....     [snip]
ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices

How can I convince m0n0wall to read/write config to the USB either via
BIOS or via native USB storage support? I think i can manage installing
a freeBSD system to my computer to edit fstab, scripits et al and to
build cf image, but if someone who knows better tells me that USB
cannot be supported, I rather wouldn't.

TIA,
Georg Sepp