[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Davis-Ryan" <joshdr77 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  feature request and a bug
 Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:27:46 +1100
im new to m0n0wall and im very impressed.

the first router dist used was clarkconnect, and i got fed up with RPMS so i
moved to my custom gentoo router. i decided i wanted a new dedicated router
and wated bsd* running on.

went to google bsd router [enter] and m0n0wall came up.
havnt looked back

feature request:
*a page which displays total weekly, monthly bandwidth usage - as many ppl
have capped internet.
*a page which displays bandwidth used by each each mac assigned dhcp address
or dns forwarded name

*this is the scenario:
i have a webserver located behind m0n0wall on http://192.168.1.5: 8002
i have forwarded traffic from WAN:8002 to 192.168.1.5:8002
forwarding works ok :) form the outside
BUT
in the lan, when i point my browser to http://sivad77.ath.cs:8002 <- it does
not work
i have to goto http://192.168.1.5:8002 <- this is pretty annoying
it would be nice to use my dynamic name :) - maybe i didnt set something up
right :S

*the ability to change the port of which webgui operates on

*seeing i have a 3gb cap, i usually run out of bandwidth 2 weeks into each
month, i my net get capped to 3.6kbs - therefore i turn pics off in my
browsing to speed up news reading etc.
the add, edit etc pics dont have alt="edit" etc, which is a pain in the ass
- u can still use it as blank squares come up, and u can tell what does what
through the address

bugs:
*i changed the mac address on the wan card (very nice feature), and the
internet stopped working, as when you setup the router u select which card
does what via the mac address in the console.......changing the mac address
didnt update this automatically, and i spent 30mins wondering why my net
went down :(

great work! best router OS i have used. shits on clarkconnect, but
clarkconnect has a different target audience.

ps - exams are nearly over, as of tomorrow, and i will be willing to help
with the project. i dont have many skills, but im eager to learn :)