[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim McBeath <jimmc at macrovision dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Blanks during pxeboot on soekris
 Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:43:39 -0800
My setup: running monowall pb19 on a Soekris 4501, with the console
connected via null-modem cable to a RedHat9 box running minicom in a
gnome-terminal window.  When I boot the Soekris using pxeboot, all of
the pxeboot messages come out as a string of blanks on my screen, as
if a backspace and space is being output after every character.  When I
capture the output using minicom and then look at the resulting file, I
can see all of the messages, with just a space between every character.
I suspect that minicom is not capturing something, since just adding
spaces should not cause the result I see during output.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is, and how to correct it?

--
Jim McBeath