[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Josh Davis-Ryan <joshdr77 at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] feature request and a bug
 Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:26:04 -0800
If memory serves me right, Josh Davis-Ryan wrote:

> feature request:
> *a page which displays total weekly, monthly bandwidth usage - as many ppl
> have capped internet.

I bet you could do this pretty easily with some sort of SNMP
accounting package.  m0n0wall can make its interface byte- and
packet-counters available via SNMP...I have MRTG set up to get
statistics in this way.  (MRTG doesn't do exactly what you want but
you get the idea.)

I'd recommend that you store the traffic statistics on some other
device, rather than trying to incorporate this into m0n0wall itself,
because m0n0wall wasn't really designed for keeping persistant storage
(also, keeping it small and non-bloated is kind of important for a
fair number of users).

Good luck!

Bruce.