[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Michael Iedema'" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless Bridge Problem
 Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:25:07 -0600
As an addendum,
I have tracked down the random breaks in communications to the remote
box rebooting.  After a bit more testing I found that my m0n0-4511 was
rebooting periodically as well.  Upon a quick flash back to pb18r522 and
the rebooting problem has reared its ugly head again.  It is only when
utilizing encryption.

I can transfer up firmware images without a problem as it is not
dependent upon the IPSEC tunnel.  As soon as anything more demanding
than icmp traffic is generated through the tunnel the remote m0n0-4511
reboots itself.  It sounds like a hardware problem, the kind I really
love being a poor student.

Another oddity is that I can not reach a remote host by ping unless they
attempt to ping me back, then the connection is established and
everything ok.  This leads me to believe that there is a routing problem
somewhere along the way.  The route can not be established until both
ends have attempted the connection.

--Michael I.