[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au" <m0n0wall at wenck dot com dot au>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP Server - Expiry ?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:40:20 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> hours.  Perhaps you can attack the problem on the client side.  Just ask
> for a longer lease.

Uhm... nope. Remember that DHCP is about centralization of configuration
of the clients. So this issue has to be taken care of in the DHCP config.
There is no other place. If you need to go to the client and do something
there, what is the point of using DHCP at all?

But this is already a lot of talk about something relatively trivial and
easy to implement. I'll check again on Sunday and if nobody has come up
with a patch I may cook one myself (to share of course).

--B